LEADER’S FIELD GUIDE
It’s time for a review! Reflect on 2020Q1 and consider what you’ve incorporated into your leadership and what needs more attention. Think about how each topic challenges you and your personal relationship with individual team members. How can you enhance your leadership by being more self-aware and transparent? Use the following recap of the Leader’s Field Guide to remind you of the lessons from this quarter. Using the lens of authenticity, what challenging goals can you set for 2020Q2?
- Rideshare Outburst: We highlighted three tips for acknowledging others contributing to our success, being aware of the informal audience, and handling active and passive hecklers. (Psalm 35:1-3, Colossians 4:6)
- Pass It On: We brainstormed about the merits of forgiving debt including more passion, focus, diversity, and generosity. (Philemon 1:18, Isaiah 43:25)
- A Dream, Not a Plan: We reviewed King’s vision, belief, and impact as it relates to Sinek’s Golden Circle of Why over What and How. (Amos 5:24, Isaiah 40:4-5)
- Managing Sideways: We discussed increasing collaboration, communication, and cooperation between your peers and your teams by asking courageous questions. (Ephesians 4:1-3, Mark 2:3-4)
- Strategic Workforce Planning: We learned how a plane, a baby boom, and an outbreak along with socialization, compensation, and leadership affects strategic workforce planning. (Proverbs 29:2, Proverbs 27:23)
- A Dog’s Purpose: We explored how we know if we should fix something or save someone by considering magnitude, potential, and timing. (Romans 15:2, Proverbs 11:25)
- Dirt to Rock: We discussed the how people, like clay, can be molded and quickened into vibrant leaders– as long as they aren’t overfired, underfired, dependent, or rushed. (Isaiah 64:8, Jeremiah 18:4)
- 24 Hours: We had a great conversation about taking the leap by being encouraged, stretched, committed, and courageous. (Ephesians 3:20, Hebrews 11:1)
- Head in the Sand: We delved into the ineffectiveness ignoring, running from, or hiding from issues and taking them head on, early on. (Matthew 5:44, Romans 16:17)
- Trust, But Verify: We reflected on Theory X Leaders who believe employees dislike work and Theory Y Leaders who believe employees intrinsically enjoy work. (Psalms 118:8, Jeremiah 17:5)
- Sprouting Leaders: We focused on activating potential, increasing ability to absorb lessons, neutralize defenses, and spending energy on proactive endeavors. (Genesis 1:11)
I challenge you to make a formal list of outcomes you envision for 2020Q2. What habits can you establish in the next three months that would make those around you see your authenticity fueled by self-awareness and transparency? (I can hardly express my gratitude for the powerfully confident and humble-hearted leaders in our weekly Synergy Groups— I learn so much from you and our Spirited conversations.)
— Join a Synergy Group where we will discuss what the
Bible says about Authenticity. —
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Michelle Sugerman (PMP, PCC) is a speaker, author, and leadership coach with Leading Synergies. She founded Synergy Groups, virtual masterminds connecting Christians in leadership around the globe for the purpose of Community, Accountability, and Transformation. She also partners with high-performers and heirs-apparent especially in the STEM industries. Michelle’s formal background in technology, franchise, and project management gives her an edge on implementing best practices and scaling towards sustainable success. Michelle lives in Colorado where she hikes fourteeners and enjoys gourmet meals with her loving husband of 22 years.
© All Rights Reserved.
SYNERGY GROUP MEETING
Let us consider how we can stir up one another to love. Let us help one another to do good works. And let us not give up meeting together. Some are in the habit of doing this. Instead, let us encourage one another with words of hope. Let us do this even more as you see Christ’s return approaching. ~Hebrews 10:24, 25
Welcome (~5 Minutes)
At the beginning of each meeting:
- Open in prayer to get focused.
- Welcome new guest(s) to the Synergy Group.
- Provide short introductions (end with guests).
- Share a brief summary of high-points from the Leader’s Field Guide (above).
Leadership Development (~15 Minutes | 00:05)
Be prepared to share from professional experience and ask follow-up questions.
- After reviewing the Leader’s Field Guide topics, describe the habits you will establish to make those around you see your authenticity fueled by self-awareness and transparency?
- What do you envision for the next quarter?
Spiritual Growth (~15 Minutes | 00:20)
Apply Biblically-based and Christ-centered principles to your work and responsibilities.
- Read Philippians 1:9-11: And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God. (ESV)
- How do the words pure and blameless relate to authenticity?
- Which word(s) stand out most to you in these verses and why?
Report, Praise, Prayer, & Goal (~15 Minutes | 00:35)
Let us know how you did on your goal from last week. Discuss recent successes and current business needs. Share what you are grateful for and request insight, collaboration, or help with accountability. Include a goal for next week based on your discoveries today! Prayer is an important part of seeking him first (Matthew 6:33). Some groups share a list after each meeting and update one another throughout the week! Pray together now and for each other during the week.
Networking (~5 Minutes | 00:50)
Share announcements and make professional connections. You are invited to connect via LinkedIn and offline, too!
This upcoming week, strengthen your relationship by reading about, praying with, and listening to God.
- Read Proverbs 28:13: Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy. (ESV)
- What keeps others from authenticity?
- What, if anything, keeps you from being totally authentic?
- Where are you growing in your self-awareness?
- Where are you growing in your transparency?
- How would you rate your transparency in your relationship with Christ?
- What is behind that rating: trust, understanding, knowledge, belief, _____?
- Pray about your transgression(s), ask for mercy and prosperity.
- What habits would support your discovery in the next quarter?
Leading Solutions for Leading Business • www.LeadingSynergies.com
Please share the Synergy Group Agenda with Guests and Members. © All Rights Reserved.