Doesn’t everyone want to be part of something ‘cool’? Yes, it is simply human nature. A paying client definitely wants to be part of something special AND wants to be someone special. In fact, a client pays good money to purchase a membership in your ‘club’ or business. But, not every business has a Cool Club.
If you provide a delightful experience for each client every time, then you can have a Cool Club.
Your business can have a Cool Club, if your clients’ experience is:
- Friendly: Kindness and respect makes a client feel welcomed. Warm exchanges with a true interest in the client’s needs are very important. If your staff doesn’t honor your clients with selflessness, then you don’t have a Cool Club.
- Unique: A Cool Club offers exclusive value. A desirable product or service combined with an exceptional experience makes your club (business, network) more desirable than other clubs. If the client can get what you offer anywhere, then you don’t have a Cool Club.
- Inclusive: Cool Club members feel like they belong and are appreciated. They want to invite their ‘cool’ friends to be part of your club, too! If your clients don’t want others to know about you, then you don’t have a Cool Club.
- Reliable: Cool Club members like to come back for more ‘cool’ experiences. They seek out incredible promises and expect them to be kept. If you are not consistently over-delivering on expectations, then you don’t have Cool Club.
- Story-worthy: A Cool Club delivers positive and legendary encounters, the type of encounters a Club member just has to share on social media and with friends over dinner! If engaging with you or your team is not memorable, then you don’t have a Cool Club.
Cool Club members feel like you enjoy providing your services, like they have to work with you (and only you), like you are grateful for their business, like they have the same great experience every time, and like they can’t wait to tell someone about it! But, you gotta ‘stay cool’…
- NPR’s Hidden Brain Episode 25: Dream Jobs discusses why employees work harder and more happily when they have a true purpose. This is key to having a Cool Club of employees!
- Request a Cool Club Check-Up from Leading Synergies, LLC.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Michelle Sugerman (PMP, PCC) is a speaker, author, and leadership coach with Leading Synergies. She hosts global masterminds, called Synergy Groups, for REALLY BUSY Christians leading with powerful confidence and humble hearts. She works with high-performing leaders focused on organizational effectiveness by refining strategy, inspiring teams, and delighting clients. Michelle specializes in the areas of information technology, project management, franchise management, and business as mission. Michelle lives in Colorado where she hikes fourteeners and enjoys gourmet meals with her loving husband of 21 years.