Do you want to submit a Suddenly Story? Do you have an idea for the weekly Leader’s Field Guide and Synergy Group Meeting Questions? Your submissions are welcome! As you know, Suddenly Stories are about surprising moments in a believer’s faith journey. Synergy Group is a weekly case study conference call for REALLY BUSY Christians in leadership! The Leader’s Field Guide has a secular audience and sets the stage for the week’s topic(s). The Synergy Group Meeting Questions then refer back to the Leader’s Field Guide inspiring great discussion and spiritual growth– marketplace content from a biblical perspective.
|SUDDENLY STORY||LEADER'S FIELD GUIDE||SYNERGY GROUP MEETING QUESTIONS|
|TITLE||Attention grabbing, thought provoking|
(30 characters or less)
|Attention grabbing, thought provoking|
(30 characters or less)
|The Synergy Group Meeting Questions are only submitted with a related Leader's Field Guide of the same title.|
|ARTICLE||True story of personal surprise at the Lord's work in your life. Feel free to incorporate verses (including references and version information). Please consider changing small details to protect the privacy of those included in your story.|
(1000-words or less)
|Lighthearted content for leaders wanting to develop edge, inspire teams, and delight clients with a potential biblically-based connection to the Synergy Group Meeting content.|
(500-words or less)
|AUDIENCE||Believers and seekers||Secular leaders and business people||Believers and seekers|
|AUTHOR CREDIT||Options include:||Required:||The related Leader's Field Guide biography and head shot will be displayed just above the Synergy Group Meeting Questions.|
- All submissions must be your own original work and include references for all quoted material (even for your own published content).
- There is no limit to the number of submissions (and no promises they can or will be used).
- Submissions are subject to editing due to format and/or subject matter requirements.
- Suddenly Stories and the Leader’s Field Guide are shared publicly; the Synergy Group Meeting Questions are shared with the Synergy Group Community.
- Authors are not compensated, but always given credit. Submissions become property of Leading Synergies, LLC.
This sets forth the terms of the agreement between Leading Synergies, LLC (“Leading Synergies”) and you regarding your writing a blog post for Leading Synergies, LLC (the “Agreement”).
(1) Content: Subject to the conditions herein, Leading Synergies will publish on one or more of its online forums, including Leader’s Field Guide, Synergy Group Meeting Questions, and Suddenly Stories, (the “Website”) content that you agree to provide from time to time (content provided by you, the “Works”).
(2) Consideration/Grant of Rights/License: In consideration of Leading Synergies publishing the Works, you hereby grant Leading Synergies the following non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable, transferable, perpetual and worldwide rights and license in and to each of the Works:
a. The right to reproduce, publish, distribute, display and create derivative works (including translations and advertisements) of any of the Works, in whole or in any part, on or in connection with the Website or otherwise, provided, however, that Leading Synergies will give you the opportunity to review any derivative work that is a translation, or is a substantial modification, of any Work prior to its publication.
b. The right to use your name, likeness or biography and to publish information about you in connection with any of the foregoing rights and uses.
All of the foregoing rights extend to any use of any of the Works in any and all media or format, whether now known or as may hereafter be created, including, but not limited to, all print, other hard copy, digital or electronic media, internet, or wireless or mobile platforms.
(3) Limited Exclusivity Period; Attribution: You will not, and you will not permit any third party to, publish any Work in any media or format for a period of not less than thirty (30) days from date on which such Work is first published on the Website. After such period, if you publish, or any third party authorized by you publishes, the Work, you shall, and you shall ensure that such third party shall, credit the first publication of the Work substantially as first published on the Website.
(4) Ownership of Intellectual Property Rights: Subject to the rights granted to Leading Synergies pursuant to Section 2, you own and retain all intellectual property rights in any and all Works.
(5) Representations and Warranties; Covenants; Indemnification; Conflict of Interest:
a. You represent and warrant that: (i) you have the full right and authority to enter into this Agreement, (ii) you are or will be the sole author of each Work, (iii) the Work is or will be your own original work, (iv) the Work does not and will not plagiarize another’s work, (v) the Work has not, prior to publication on the Website, previously been published by you or any other person in any form, (vi) the Work has not been assigned, pledged or otherwise encumbered by you or any other person, (vii) the Work contains no intellectual property owned by any third party or, if it does, you have cleared, at your expense, all rights to use such intellectual property in the Work for all of the purposes and rights granted pursuant to Section 2, (viii) the Work does not contain any libelous, obscene or untrue statements or any material that is deceptive, fraudulent or intentionally misleading or that invades any right of privacy or personal right of any person, (ix) the Work and Leading Synergies’ use of it in accordance with this Agreement does not infringe upon, violate or misappropriate any intellectual property right of any third party or any applicable law or regulation, and (x) all statements in the Work that are asserted as facts are true or based upon research that would reasonably support its accuracy.
b. You shall retain all notes, drafts and copies relating to a Work for three (3) years from the date on which you provide the Work to the Website.
c. Prior to submitting a Work to the Website, you shall disclose to Leading Synergies in writing any actual or potential conflict of interest, including, but not limited to, any activities, sponsors, affiliation or interest, financial, political or otherwise, in any product, service, firm, or commercial venture relating to the subject of the Work or any professional, business, political or personal relationship (family or otherwise) with any person mentioned in the Work or to which the Work refers. The Works shall not directly or impliedly endorse any political candidates or political positions.
d. Except with the prior written consent of Leading Synergies, you will not refer to your association with Leading Synergies in connection with any promotion or identification of yourself publicly (other than in connection with a Work published on the Website), including in any speaking engagements, public appearances, interviews or any other publication. In no event will you use your association with Leading Synergies to solicit or accept any services, products or gifts.
e. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Leading Synergies, and its directors, officers, employees, licensees and agents, against any third-party claim, liability, damages, cost or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of any breach or alleged breach by you of any provision of this Agreement.
(6) Right not to Publish and to Edit: Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, Leading Synergies, in its sole discretion and for any reason, may choose not to publish any Work or may, at any time, remove, withdraw, postpone the publication of or edit the Work, whether in whole or in part.
(7) Relationship of the Parties: Nothing herein shall be construed to create an employer-employee, partnership or agency relationship between Leading Synergies and you. You are an independent contractor and not an employee, partner or agent of Leading Synergies.
(8) Term and Termination: This Agreement shall remain in effect from the date on which you execute it below until terminated by either party upon written notice. Sections 2, 4, 5(a), (b), (d), and (e), 8, and 10 shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
(9) Modification/Assignment: This Agreement contains the entire understanding between Leading Synergies and you and may not be modified, waived, assigned or discharged except expressly and in a writing signed by both parties. Any assignment of this Agreement in violation of this provision shall be null and void.
(10) Governing Law/Jurisdiction/Severability/Superseding Agreement: This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado without giving effect to any conflict of laws principles thereof. You agree to bring any disputes arising out of this Agreement exclusively in either the federal courts of the District of Colorado or the courts of the State of Colorado located in the County of Denver, Colorado. You consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction by, and to venue in, any such courts. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of the Agreement shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. This Agreement supersedes any prior agreement, written or oral, between Leading Synergies and you pertaining to the subject matter hereof.
(11) Electronic Signature: This Agreement may be executed via electronic transmission with the same effect as if executed on a document and as if the signature was an original.